As of July 1, 2020, NRCS Riverside Beach will open and operate under modified hours and services.
Modified Hours of Operation:
|Daily (weather permitting)||10 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
- Max of 50 guests on beach (Beginning July 3, 2020 at 10 a.m. max occupancy will be increased to 125 guests. Main cove 1 and then overflow will be in cove 2.)
- Guests will sign in/out with a Rec Team member at the beach entry to monitor numbers along with lifeguard zone coverage
- Cove 1 (swimming beach) & Cove 2 (boat rental area) will be guarded
- Guests are encouraged to BYOC (bring your own chair)
- Tents/shade structures are unauthorized, with exception of umbrellas
- Picnic tables/Benches will be limited and available on first come first serve basis and will be sanitized between use and sanitation logged by lead lifeguard on shift 10:1 ratio at regular
- Benches will be sanitized
- All other standard Riverside beach guidance remains in effect: no smoking, pets, grills, etc.
- Boat rentals will be unavailable at this time
Riverside Beach at NRC Solomons is an oasis on the river. This horseshoe beach offers a great escape from the mid-day summer heat and amazing sunsets at night.
The beach is located just north of the Riverside Aquatics Complex and offers 400 feet of shoreline, sandy beaches, and is the only designated river swimming area on NRC Solomons.
Swimming is permitted in the designated swimming area when lifeguards are on duty. Pets are not permitted on the designated swimming beach, but are allowed on the remaining beach from Club 9 to Sunset Pier. Pets must be on a leash and registered with the Lodging Office. The beach is patrolled daily during the summer. The beach offers paddleboats and kayaks for your enjoyment. Rental fees are based on half-hour, one hour, and full day. Picnic tables and lounge chairs are available at the beach for your use. Parking for the beach is located across the street.
|Boat Rentals||E1-E5||All Others|
|Half Hour||$7 per boat||$10 per boat|
|Hour||$10 per boat||$15 per boat|
Patrons 15 and over are eligible to rent the boats, under the age of 15 requires adult supervision. All patrons must wear a PFD. Boats are not to leave premise and remain in designated guarded area. For the safety and well-being of patrons and Aquatic Staff, boat rental operations are subject to closure due to weather and small craft conditions. We rent SUPs (Stand Up Paddle Boards) in both youth and adult sizes, peddle boats, traditional 1 person kayaks and the new DISQ Kayaks.