Welcome to the beautiful and inviting Navy Getaways, Navy Recreation Center (NRC) Solomons. The scenic vistas of the Chesapeake Bay's waterfront are a part of daily life here, and a big reason why this has proven to be a popular and most sought-after location for vacations for our proudly serving military members and their families for years.
Nestled on a peninsula bounded by the picturesque Patuxent River and the Chesapeake Bay in an area you will soon agree is aptly called "the land of pleasant living," the bay and its rivers play an influence on the local lifestyle, including the choice in leisure pursuits.
We offer a wide range of lodging, camping, secured & unsecured storage options to meet your family’s needs.
- Two to five bedroom Contemporary and Historical Cottages
- One-bedroom Deluxe Cabins
- Three-bedroom Brick Cottages
- Upgraded Cabins
- Cable TV
- Heat & AC
- Refrigerator, Stove
- Coffee Pot, Microwave, Toaster
- Dishes, Flatware, Serving/Cooking Utensils, Pots, and Pans
- Blow Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
Simple Steps to book your stay:
- Active Duty or reserve military members may make their reservations one year prior to arrival date.
- Retired military members, URW, veterans, and active/retired DoD civilians may make their reservation six months prior to their arrival date.
- A credit card is required to guarantee all reserved reservations.
Navy Getaways Solomons, the Navy Recreation Center program, provides patrons with convenient and accessible 24/7 reservation reserves. Any eligible patron may go to www.dodlodging.net to make reservations or call 877-NAVY-BED. Reservations may also be made by calling the Solomons Front Desk Office at 410-326-2924 or 410-326-2927. To make reservations for the Storage Facilities, please contact the Solomons Front Desk Office.
Reservations are booked according to current policies, procedures, and availability of lodging units, RV spaces, tent camping, rental, and storage facilities.
Recreational and Other Opportunities:
- Pool Complex
- Miniature Golf
- Golf Driving Range
- Basketball and Tennis Counts
- Volleyball and Horseshoes
- Picnic Sites
- Nature Trail
- Outdoor Billiards
- Marina (boat ramp, boat slips, and unsecured storage spaces)
- Crabbing and Fishing Pier
- Recreational Programs
- Dog Park
- Paddle Boats, Moon bounces, Tents, and Other Rentals.
Pets are welcome on board NRC with proof of vaccinations for guests who are staying in RVs and tents. Pets are not allowed inside NG, NRC buildings, rental facilities, or lodging units. Service animals are welcome with proper documentation.
ACCESS ONTO FACILITY
Guest must have a valid eligibility ID card to check in for a reservation or to gain access to the facility.
Please see the attached documents, read the instructions, and complete the SECNAV 5512 form for overnight-unaffiliated guests and veterans to submit prior to your stay/arrival at Navy Getaways, Navy Recreation Center in order to obtain access to the facility.
Note: Please contact us directly if you have questions or need further guidance.